About Art Osborne
MUSIC EDUCATOR, ADMINISTRATOR, VIRTUAL LEARNING INSTRUCTOR, MUSIC CURRICULUM DEVELOPER, A&R, MUSIC & TELEVISION PRODUCER & DIRECTOR, PUBLISHER, COMPOSER ARRANGER FOR TELEVISION, FILM & LIVE PRODUCTIONS
* 2015-17 Music Appreciation Teacher for K12 Online School TXVA
* 2016 Scored Music for The Movie: “PONTIUS PILATE”
* 1999-15 Music Educator for Dallas Independent School District. (Band Director)
* 2013 Composer, Arranger and Orchestrator for the film; “CHRISTMAS ISN’T CHRISTMAS”
* 2007 Developed music curriculum – beginner Instrumental students and launched an internet lesson/practice program.
* 2004-11 Children’s Educational TV show. “Adventures With Mr. Bandman”, (Aired on Dallas I.S.D. TV)
* 1999-13 Music Educator for Dallas Independent School District. (Band Director)
* 1995-06 Music Director and Staff Arranger for First Family Church, Dallas, Texas
* 1994 Established Vision International Production to develop children’s television programming.
* 1981-94 Served as Music Director, (Choir & Orchestra) for large stage production for a Church in, Dallas, Texas.
* 1991-92 Nationally syndicated Health Care Television Show “LIFECARE”.
* 1983-89 Nationally syndicated, two hour Television Show .
* 1983-93 Nationally syndicated, one hour Television Show
* 1984-85 Conductor & Arranger for President Ronald Regan presents the National Day of Patriotism, conducted the Washington National Symphony, Two hour televised special, co-hosted by Carol Lawrence and Rosie Greer.
* 1981-82 Composed, Arranged and Produced original Music for a Local Dallas syndicated television talk show
* 1978-81 Kenneth Copeland Ministries: Served as part of his Music Ministry team.
* 1976 Wrote Children’s album “RAINBOW SLICKY SLIDE” released on Star Song Records.
* 1974-78 CHRIST FOR THE NATION BIBLE COLLEGE in Dallas, Texas. Instrumental Director and Curriculum Developer – (Last 2 years served as Chairman of the Music Dept.)
* 1973-74 Children’s Television Show in Nashville, TN. Hired by my mentor, Robert Keshan (CAPTAIN KANGAROO).
To Music Departments in Schools and Churches:
* Marketed over 500 personal music arrangements, both vocal and Instrumental.
To Churches and Church Members:
* Marketed items of traditional Jewish temple worship. Example: THE SHOFAR
Through Personal Appearances:
* Marketed Vocal, Instrumental, and children’s cassettes and developed mailing lists for future marketing.
Television & Telephone Marketing:
* Involved with nationally syndicated telephone marketing using infomercial type television shows.
MUSICIAN, ARRANGER, CONDUCTOR AND/OR MUSICAL CONTRACTOR FOR
* Dallas Symphony POPs Orchestra (70’s) * Pat & Debbie Boone * Ringling Brother Circus
* Charleston Symphony (Guest Artist) * Glenn Miller Band * Shrine Circus (Composer & Arranger)
* Dallas Summer Musicals * Les Elgart Band * Kenneth Copeland
* The Supremes * Tom Jones * Pearl Bailey
* Smokey Robinson * The Temptations * Louie Bellson
* Gladys Knight * Kenny Rogers * Disney On Parade
* B. J. Thomas (Conductor) * Four Tops * LeAnne Rhemes
* Doc Severinson (Road Band) * Cheryl Pruwitt (Miss America) * Carol Lawrence
* 1989-90 Awarded and honored by The American Society for Composers, Artists and Publishers
* 1979 Awarded and honored by The American Song Writers Contest
* 1973 Awarded and honored by the State of West Virginia for music in a Children’s Television Show that focused on the nine states of the Appalachians. (Funded by H.E.W.)
* 1968 College Film Festival Award for Original Theme Music for the film, “THE COLOR OF RESPECT”.
* 1968-72 North Texas State University, Bachelor of Music Education
* 1984 Presented an Honorary Doctorate for developing music programs for schools and churches in third world countries.